Pittsburgh Heat Pumps
Heat pumps are a great solution for your Pittsburgh HVAC system. That’s because they work to provide both heating and cooling. Whether it’s the hottest day of the summer, or the coldest day of winter, heat pumps work day in and day out to provide your family with premium comfort.
By definition, a heat pump is a machine which moves heat. Heat exists in all air at all temperatures down to “absolute zero” (-460F). In the winter, a heat pump draws heat from the outdoor air and circulates it through ducts into your home. During the summer, your Pittsburgh heat pump reverses the process and draws heat from your interior air and releases it outdoors. It also dehumidifies the indoor air as it cools it.
Many homeowners can help the environment and save significantly on energy bills by installing a heat pump. A heat pump replaces conventional air conditioning and can also supply heat in the winter. If you are interested in finding out more about heat pumps. Your Pittsburgh can answer any questions that you may have. So give us a call at Mitchell Plumbing, Heating and Cooling.
Our Pittsburgh Heat Pump Contractor Provides
Your Pittsburgh Heat Pump Contractor
When heating your Pittsburgh home, a heat pump and a central air conditioner operate the same. Each one cleans, dehumidifies, cools, and circulates air indoors. In a heat pump’s heating mode, however, the process is reversed. Heat pumps provide year-round comfort for your Pennsylvania home or business that is unmatched in features and benefits. They are designed to make your home or business the most comfortable place on earth.
Pittsburgh heat pumps are an excellent option for your HVAC system and home. These work to provide you with both heating and cooling. Heat pumps are located on the exterior of your Pittsburgh home. This system pulls warm air from outside of the home in the summer and forces warm air inside during the winter. Heat pumps can also control the level of humidity in your Pittsburgh home.
This lets home owners keep the thermostat a little higher in the summer with no noticeable difference in the temperature of your home. Please contact our expert Pittsburgh heating contractors, if you are in need of repair or installation of a heat pump.
Benefits of a Heat Pump System
- Because a heat pump does not burn fuel, it is safer and cleaner to run than a gas or oil powered furnace
- A heat pump provides a more uniform temperature throughout a building. It does not produce a sudden blast of hot air as traditional furnaces do each time they kick on.
- In the heat mode, heat pumps do not dry out the air the way traditional heaters do. The higher humidity maintained by heat pumps during cold weather provides for a healthier environment.
- Heat pumps are more efficient and cost less to run than electric furnaces.
- Because heat pumps are used year round (for cooling as well as heating needs), they cost less per hour of use (cost of purchase and installation divided by total number of hours used per year) than do individual heating and cooling systems, which each sit idle for a good part of the year.
Why Pittsburgh Should Hire Us For Their Heating Needs
It is our philosophy that an educated heating technician using the latest diagnostic tools can quickly isolate and perform repairs to any problem that you might have with your furnace, heat pump, heater or heating equipment. Our goal in this industry is to provide our customers with prompt and efficient service.